Thursday, October 25, 2012

Gatorade G2 Helped Me!

Gatorade G2


I never could stand Gatorade when I was younger, it always tasted like salt. So I was a kool-aid drinker. Then as I became older, I started looking at calories and reading labels. Shortly thereafter Gatorade came out with G2. It has reduced calories and a whole new taste.

The taste test proof is with their "fruit punch" flavor. Try this yourself! Get both bottles, the Gatorade G2 and the original Gatorade, both "fruit punch" flavoring. I want you to taste the G2 first. To me, it tastes kind of cherry-ish. Taste it again, and swish it around, however I do want you to make sure that both bottles are ice cold! Now I want you to try the original Gatorade "fruit punch" flavoring. Now you tell me, there is not a difference! 



I still cannot drink original Gatorade. Blind folded, in the dark, whatever. I cannot be fooled. I know the difference. I am not kidding, go ahead, test me!

And once I started drinking Gatorade G2 I lost over one hundred pounds. I had more energy, and felt better about myself. The electrolytes, according to my Doctor are good for me in more ways then one, since I am hypoglycemic. It is also helpful when trying to loose weight, and exercising. 

I was not on any weight loss regimen and/or medication. I had plain and simply given up my Kool-aid and my soda pop's and changed to drinking Gatorade G2. 



I started walking a little more, and became more and more active as the weight started coming off. To this day, I am still loosing weight and drinking my Gatorade G2. 



What I find kind of great, is that my husband is a loyal Pepsi drinker and always has been. Through my research, I learned that Gatorade is manufactured by PepsiCo. When I learned that, I told my husband, "See we both are supporting Pepsi and Gatorade!"


Gatorade was developed in 1965, the year of my birth, by the University of Florida, to replenish the carbohydrates and electrolytes in the athletes known as: "The Gators!" And where do we live now? Florida!!



The Gatorade brand was purchased by the Quaker Oats Company in 1983, which itself was bought by PepsiCo in 2001. Gatorade is PepsiCo's fourth largest brand in retail sales of 2010!

Now I don't mean to make this all about me, but if you know anything about Akron, Ohio as I do as it was where I was born and raised: the Quaker Oats had a building there, which was later turned into a Hotel. So, I like to think of it like this:

Gatorade G2 and myself, we were just destined to be together!!



Thank you Florida Gators, Quaker Oats, and Pepsi for making, creating and producing my favorite drink, which I undoubtedly give five stars! 


No comments:

Post a Comment