Thursday, July 10, 2014

Review: Middleton's Black & Mild Wine Cigars!



 http://www.primewholesale.com/images_products/middleton-s-black-mild-wine-500big.jpg

Middleton's Black & Mild Wine Cigars: This Non-Smoker Loves the Smell, Not the Habit 

 


My husband is a smoker. However, what he smokes is not cigarettes; he smokes cigars. His favorite was Middleton's gold and mild until recently. Now, Middleton has a new flavor in the black-and-mild line: wine.
 http://ofironandoak.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/CigarsJFK.jpg
When he lit it up, the scent was amazing. And for me to say that, is also amazing! I complain about smokers and smoking! I am not a smoker; however I have been known to enjoy a very rare cigar once in a while.

Since the odor peaked my interest, with what seemed to be grape-like to me, I asked my husband to hand it over and let me try it. I took it in, and tasted. It seemed OK, so I thought maybe I had better try another. I took another puff. What was very different about the whole experience, after you have stopped, inhaled and licked your lips, it was like you had just had a glass of wine! I am not kidding! The after taste, is just like it! Not a little, a lot! Not exaggeration here, I thought it was quite enjoyable. I was not expecting it, because my husband "likes" to smoke, I was certain he was just carrying on, because it was new and different. It is an acquired taste, and definitely different, and quite enjoyable, all wrapped up into one!

Unlike the gold and mild that my husband usually gets, that taste like crap when they are lit, and smell like it too, this was much better all the way around. I was impressed!

The unfortunate thing about this new cigar, is I almost had my husband to the point of quitting. He had slowed down to maybe a cigar a week. Then these came out, and he truly likes them. And to ask my husband why he smokes, his answer, is "Because I like it." He says, it's not that it's a habit; it's just that he truly enjoys smoking.

Now that these are out, he is back up to five cigars a day. And that's how these come, five to a pack.
The pricing for the cigars is different with most any location, but ranges to a little over two dollars a pack. These cigars are made by John Middleton, and the location of his company is in King of Prussia,  Pennsylvania. On the package is no toll free number, or web site. The cigars are made of a fine blend of pipe tobacco. According to the AC Nielsen ratings, in 2004 Black and Mild were the top selling cigars in the US!

They come filtered or unfiltered, the choice is yours. The ones with the tip are plastic. They have several different flavors including: Apple, and Cherry. There are others, also. They even have another version, called Fast Break Black, which is half the size of a regular cigar.

Update:
Here is the web site for the products offered by John Middleton:


 http://www.johnmiddletonco.com/en/cms/Products/Our_Products_and_Brands/cigar_family.jpg.aspx


 http://www.johnmiddletonco.com/en/cms/Products/Our_Products_and_Brands/cigar_family.jpg.aspx

They have four different surgeon general warnings that they have placed on their cigars. I have found and written down each warning, with each pack that we have bought. The warnings vary with each And every pack. Here they are for your viewing pleasure:

SURGEON GENERAL WARNING: Cigar Smoking Can Cause Cancers Of The Mouth And Throat, Even If You Do Not Inhale.

SURGEON GENERAL WARNING: Cigar Smoking Can Cause Lung Cancer And Heart Disease.

SURGEON GENERAL WARNING: Tobacco Use Increases The Risk Of Infertility, Stillbirth And Low Birth Weight.

SURGEON GENERAL WARNING: Cigars Are Not A Safe Alternative To Cigarettes.

SURGEON GENERAL WARNING: Tobacco Smoke Increases The Risk Of Lung Cancer And Heart Disease, Even In Nonsmokers.

I do not promote smoking, as I stated above, it is something that I dislike a great deal. But if you must smoke, or have to smell it-advise your smoking friend- to try these. Or even try them yourself. I think you will be impressed too! It is very appealing all the way around. I do hope that they get enough sales of this, to keep the product line up and running. I do know that companies discontinue things for low sales, and popularity.

On a scale of one to ten, I give this a nine. Why a nine? Because I don't truly promote smoking.

Sorry.


Published by Deneale K. Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment