Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Planters Not Just Nuts Anymore!

Planters Peanut Butter!

Compliments of klout ( www.klout.com ) we received Planters new peanut butters in the mail, full size jars, and their flavors include:
"banana granola nut", "cinnamon raisin granola nut" and "berry nut"!

My favorite is cinnamon raisin granola nut, then the banana granola nut and lastly the berry. I don't very often like peanut butter alone, but these are flavors that don't require any jelly. Personally I think jelly takes away from them. But to each is own!

You can taste every single taste, and I am not kidding. And you would think that cinnamon wouldn't mix with peanut butter, but it does. And I love the little crunchies from the granola too. Its like a snack, within a snack. A nice touch. 

I priced them in the store, and they do cost more then the average peanut butter, but all in all, number one, you are paying for the name, and number two you are getting extras. You are not getting plain old peanut butter. I cannot remember the price, but myself I found it to be a little pricey when on a tight budget and counting pennies. 

Personally, when I am hurting I would not buy it for several reasons, one being the cost. Two being I don't like the fact that I cannot put my jelly on it, therefore I always have to eat it alone, its one taste and that's that. Now with plain peanut butter, you can buy different flavors of jellies to give yourself a different taste each time. And I will tell you this also, there is no way, I will purchase all three flavors at one time either, with the price that they are. 

However, as a freebie I did enjoy them a lot, as did everyone else in my family. They were excellent on crackers, toast, and even plain old bread. 

And everyone knows that peanuts are good sources of vitamins, and when I also read the label, Planters also made certain to do just that. The purpose in these peanut butters, is nutrition and energy. If you read the names on the label themselves, they named them: NUT-trition. 

 I give their product a five star rating, except in price, however like I said, I understand the pricing. But in this economy I do not see them selling so well as financially people are strapped. However, people are looking for nutritional foods and sources of energy, so I could be wrong. Time will tell.

~

No comments:

Post a Comment